[Story] Dinner Party – Part 2

I seriously did not know what came over me,i
wasn’t suppose to pick the call but i did
anyways and i almost regretted it.I was dumb-
founded the moment i heard mary’s angelic
voice(if only her dressing could be more like her
voice).
I managed to say hi and asked how she was
doing.Funny she didn’t mention a word about
my text message which made me wondeq if
she got it in the first placd.We talked for a while
and i expected her to bring it up until she
ended the call.The taunting thoughts came
rushing to me once more;i was going dateless.
Just as i dropped frustratingly on my
frustrating-looking chair,i heard the tone again:
omo see danger;it was mary calling again.
‘what’s your problem john?’ mary bellowed as i
placed the phone on my ear.
‘i beg your pardon?’. She didn’t sounding like
the girl i just spoke with.
‘you just behaved so chickeny’she blurted.’i got
your text and called you then you made me
look like an .you know what?goodbye!’ she
hung up
who was this girl and what had she done with
mary?she was merely a friend.I know we were
close but i never imagined she could get pissed
for something of this tiny magnitude.I made up
my mind that i wasn’t going to call back but i
waited on my phone expectiog her to call and
she did call.
‘Am sorry’ were the first words i heard as i
placed the receiver on my ear.I remained mute
and i think i taunted her a little but she
continued.’i just got so excited that you finally
asked me out’ finally? Dear God! ‘and so when
you didn’t mention anything about it in the first
call,i felt terrible thinking you were toying with
me.’she paused like she remembered a very
important detail.’were you?’she asked with her
voice sounding as serious as my mechanics
prof.
I cleared my throat like an equal
professor,crossed my legs from where i sat even
if she couldn’t see me am sure she felt it,then i
began my million dollar speech;more like a
letter.
‘Dear mary,am sorrry you thought am that kind
of guy.I sent you the text with full intention of
wanting to go out with with you but somewhere
along the line,i lost my nerves.I must have been
so parochial not to have noticed the effect my
stunt would have on you and despite the fact
that i can’t replay the whole event in a more
pleasand manner,i do apologize.As for you,you
called me chickeny and beleive me,i felt like a
chicken at that point.’she let out a loud laugh
‘But that’s beside the point.it was an unfair
statement.I chose to forgive you though,but at
a price.You don’t owe me an apology;that’s way
too cheap.What you owe me is a date.Mary,will
you be my date to the party?’
Damn right she said yes! And so i was faced
with yet another problem;mary’s dress style.Call
me oliver twist or whatever but i just wanted
the day to be perfect for me!
I guess my patron saint must have heard and
interceded on my behalf.Few minutes,i received
a beep on my behalf.Few minutes,i received a
beep on my phone;it was a message from
firstbank;your account have been credited with
…. Just then the idea hit me and i executed it
immediately.
I rushed to gallaxy’s boutique,got a nice
gown,wrapped it and sent it to mary with a
note saying ‘really looking forward to tonight’.
God knows i prayed hard for the dress to fit.It
did.
I met with mary at exact 6pm,i almost didn’t
recognise her as the dress completely
transformed her.She looked like a
goddess.Looked like my night was going to be
perfect afterall.
Now the tragedy.We arrived the venue and it
looked like the party had been moved.I became
the most confused man on earth as i searched
invain for any feature indicating that a dinner
party was going to hold.Then i remembered Ayo
and dialled his number.Switched off! Was the
devil out for me?
Mary looked at me with a confusing look;i
couldn’t tell what was on her mind.alas,she
spoke.’i think we are in the right place.’ Had she
gone mad?i thought.I tried Ayo’s phone again
and it went through.Thank God!
‘Ayo,you guys changed venue?am at oba’s hall
right now.’ i said
‘come right in,we are about starting’ i heard the
excitment in his voice.
About starting?here? I wondered.Was there an
inner complex inside the main one? I told may
what he had said and she gave me that ‘told
you’ look.As we went closer to the hall,i sighted
the notice on a little paper. WELCOME TO DLCF
DINNER PARTY. How come i missed it initially.
We progressed inside the hall and i still couldn’t
find any feature of a dinner party.It was
definitely not the right place,i concluded.The
place was arranged with old benches occupied
by some average-dressed and some below
average-dressed persons.At an extreme end i
saw two large coolers then i looked further and
saw the shocker.In another poor looking but
large paper,it was boldly written, WELCOME TO
DEEPER LIFE CAMPUS FELLOWSHIP DINNER
PARTY.It immediately rang a bell.This was
it.DLCF is deeper life campus fellowship! Jesus
christ!…
***THE END*** PLEASE COMMENT IF YOU ENJOYED THE STORY

Post a Comment

0 Comments

What are you Looking for?