[Story] Sister Adesewa (True Life Story) – Episode 1


My name is Adesewa.I was raised by God-fearing parents who
were blessed with six girls.My parents were deacon and
deaconess in a pentecostal church.I happened to be their third
daughter,with three younger ones.
I had my HND at Yaba college of technology and was posted to
Kwara state for my youth service.
I had given my life to Christ since my secondary school
days,and i used to sing a lot, sometimes i even compose my own
song.I joined d church choir when i was just nine years old.



After d 3 weeks orientation programme of d NYSC,i was posted
to a secondary school at Oyan for d one year service. I was given a room in d school compund at the corpers quaters. On getting there I started looking for a penticostal church where I could be worshipping and soon I was able to find one. Shortly after I started worshipping in the church I joined the choir. Fortunately it was at d time when d choir leader just left
the church,and there was nobody to coordinate the
members..before i knew it,i was made the choir leader after
being interviewed by the pastor,Pastor Williams.
I was loved by everybody in the church,especially the
choiristers,because of my unique voice.Whenever i sing or lead a
song,d whole congregation has a way of murmuring
“Huuuuunnnnn!” with a sigh of satisfaction when they hear my
voice.
Most of the choir members were younger than me,so they call me
“aunty” or “Sister Sewa”.
One of them was Bode,who used to play keyboard for us in the
church.

He was so gifted when it comes to instruments,there
was no instrument he couldnt play. I always felt the presence of
God whenever he was on keyboard.
I was named Adesewa after my grandmum who passed away shortly before I was born. My dad love his mother so much hence he transferred the love to me believing that hs late mum was the one who came back, moreso according to him, I was her carbon copy. It was after he became saved,that he
knew he was wrong. My second name was Yetunde.
My dad saw me as perfect. Anything i did or said was
right,even when i myself knew i was wrong. In a nutshell,i was
his favourite.
When my mum noticed that daddy was treating me like the apple of
his eyes,she wasnt taking things easy with me at all. She spank
me at every slight mistake i made,mostly when my dad wasnt
at home.
Sometimes she would lament..”You this spoilt brat!. Your father has
spoilt you. See,i will make sure i deal with you before maggots start
coming out of your body….”
My two elder sisters too,also made life miserable for me, especially,the first born,sister Temi. She would never tolerate any nonsense from me,she took after mummy,but her own was just too much.
By the time i was serving,sister Temi and sister Tiwa have married, but I have been tamed already
TBC

Post a Comment

0 Comments

What are you Looking for?