[Story] Dance In The Grave Yard – Episode 3


I woke up the following morning, something
strange happened. There
was no one in the tent with me. At first I was
terrified until I heard
the sound of marching men, then I knew those
were my colleagues. “I
did not join the drill this morning, I’m in
trouble” I was thinking
about this on my mat when I notice someone
was standing in the tent
with me. I got up quickly and to my surprise it
was the Major.
“Morning sir” I greeted him. “Go back to your
mat and continue your
rest, I purposely told them not to disturb you
because I know you were
the mastermind of yesterday’s attack against
the terrorists. I know
you will be very tired. But my boy, don’t go
beyond your capability.
You are just a young soldier”. He said all
these without allowing me
say a word. He left. I didn’t understand what
he was talking about. I
was thinking that day was a bonus day for me
but that day was the
start of trouble. I was about going back to my
sleep when I notice my
phone has been operated by someone else.
And that was the time I
understood what he was talking about. He
saw all I did about him on my
phone. What will a spoon do when a hungry
man is ready to eat than to
obey to direction of the mouth. What can a
young soldier like me do to
a Major? I knew already that I was in a mess.
How can I clean it up?
Our superb work in that area became a
worldwide story,
congratulatory and encouraging words were
coming from everywhere. I
personally receive more than one hundred
messages daily. I was really
proud of my job and myself. The moment that
thrilled me the most was
when the chief of Army staff, General John
Idowu came to our camp with
press men to celebrate us. “I am really
impressed with this set of
soldiers, you are fresh and gallant. I respect
your tenacity and I
salute your courage. Listen to me and listen
good, as a vibrant
soldier that will want to become what I am
today, do not let anything
stop you from discharging your duties
effectively to this nation.
Thank you” that was the General. We
applauded him after his wonderful
speech. The general allowed questions from
soldiers. My colleagues
were asking different questions, I was actually
thinking if I should
ask my question. I summed up courage and I
raised my hands. “Sir, what
if there is a spy among us that is trying to
stop the attack again the
terrorists, what can we do?” I asked. There
was a coincidental silence
for a few seconds after which the general
answered “soldiers have
sworn an oath, so I don’t think there can be
something like that”. I
was still not convinced but I kept quiet and
sat down. Is the General
also into this conspiracy? Who knows. I was
really in a deep blue sea.
Lanre and I became so close that he knows all
most everything
about my fiancee and I know his too. We talk
about them almost every
night “That your babe dey gan oo” he will
always joke with me. I told
Lanre about everything I have been facing
secretly with the Major.
“Listen, everyone of us knows that already but
how are you going to
hold him responsible. You better step back”
lanre said. “Probably
that’s what I will do. I can’t risk my life” I
responded. I was about
sleeping when I received a call
Me: hello
Unknown: leave that premises
Me: who is this?
Unknown: you will know me when you leave
the premises.
I took my gun, as soon as I left my tent, I was
apprehended by three
hefty men and I was taken to a van that is
quite far from camp. I was
blindfolded, I couldn’t shout nor do anything.
When I got inside the
van and I could see the man who was talking
to me. It was the General,
then I became relaxed a bit.
General: hello young man, you should know
me by now.
Me: yes sir.
General: what’s your name?
Me: Richard sir.
General: about the question you asked the
other day, tell me more about it
Me: there is nothing sir.
General: don’t be afraid, I know you know
something, so tell me.
I told him everything about what I saw about
Major Musa Yusuf.
Me: sir, I wouldn’t mind if I can get a transfer
sir.
General: I will not do that. What will be the
reason for me
transferring a young soldier that has not used
up to a year. I will
support you. Just tip me on all your moves.
These words were encouraging.

Post a Comment

0 Comments

What are you Looking for?