[Story] Dance In The Grave Yard – The End (Episode 5)

Episode 5
General Yaro, Mr Jones.
I was in the confusion of joining or not joining
the terrorist. But
as soon as I remembered how Rose was crying
on the phone, I knew I had
no choice. I was waiting for anyone of them to
contact me so as to
tell them my decision. I waited for about two
hours, after which I
received a call
Me: “hello”
Unknown: “so have you decided?”
Me: “I don’t think I have a choice now”.
Unknown: “Good. There are just three steps to
join us. 1. Write a
resignation letter and put it in your
commandant’s tent”.
Me: “but my commandant is dead”.
Unknown: “I know already. Have you forgotten
quickly that we were the
ones who shot the fool. I told you before, you
can never defeat us,
you are just trying. 2. Pack all your things in
the camp and stay
with it in your tent. 3. Just lie on the ground
with your head facing
down and leave any other thing for us to
handle and this should be
done in 15 minutes. Your tie starts now”
*ends the call*
I actually did what I was instructed to do in
the exact way. As I was
on the ground I heard footsteps towards me
and the person used a
object I don’t know to hit me. That all I knew
until I was woken up in
a dark and big room. When I became
conscious, I saw so many hefty men
wearing military uniforms. After which I
noticed a man sitting on big
wooden chair, under a source of light. It was a
big surprise to me
that it was the General himself. I mean
General Idowu. As soon as I
recognised him, I was shocked and he noticed.
And he started talking;
General Idowu: “look my boy, don’t be surprise
its me. Yes its me. Are
you still surprised? Wait do you think anyone
else can trouble the
military when I’m not in support? Well let me
tell you my reason; I
have friends everywhere. They produce
weapons. How will they eat if
they don’t sell them? How will sell them if
there is no demand? And
where will demand come from when
everywhere is at peace. My boy there
should a war, so that some people like us can
be billionaires. Look
here, as soon as I acquire all I want for
myself, there will be an end
to everything. I’m not alone in this. I have
someone very exciting
show you…. *lanre come out from the dark to
the light spot* we know
you to be very intelligent and skilled right
from the Academy, that’s
why we purposely made lanre your best friend
so that he will make it
easy for us to convince you. And don’t forget
your fiancee. So you can
see, you don’t really have a choice than to
just join us. If you join
us, you will be collecting 25 percent of very
profit we make. If you
don’t, we will kill your fiancee right in front
you and punish you
till you die yourself. So you have just a few
minutes to decide”
I didn’t have any other option than to join
them. Papers were
brought to me to sign some agreements
pertaining to my membership and
the profit I will be making. As I was about to
sign with the pen
Major-General Yaro Yusuf gave to me, I
noticed a dull red light
blinking on top of the pen. As a military
intelligence, I know what
that means, that’s definitely a tracker. Major
Yaro knew nothing about
it and he knows something like this is going to
happen. I knew a
rescue was going to happen but how? I don’t
know. All of them went
away thinking I will sign the document
immediately. I switched on the
phone Major gave to me, a text message was
already there waiting. And
it says “I know where you are now, don’t say
anything until I get
there -Musa Yusuf”. I knew already that a
fight is going to happen.
I was already tired of all the threats and all
that was happening at
that moment. Suddenly, the led of the pen
became green and so bright.
Tear gas was released through the window.
Someone forcefully opened
the door. “Stand down Richard”. I knew it was
Major Musa already. I
ran out of the place and armed myself.
Everywhere was so quiet as if I
was the only one in that building. Suddenly,
bullets were coming from
the dark, we took cover immeditely. One of the
reinforcement died
immediately. With all anger, we unleashed
explosives inside the
building and we ran out. We brought down the
building. Many of the
other guys died and we opened fire and killed
all them until it
remained the General who was injured already.
Major: Idowu, what a man you are. I heard all
you said through the
pen, which was not just a tracker but also a
little walkie-talkie.
Because of your selfish interest, you
threatened my life and family. I
will give you my last honour with my bullet.
And to you Richard, thank
you for making the pen your best friend
because Lanre is not.
The Major shot Gen. Idowu dead. The
president himself was told about
how everything happened. Major Musa became
the new chief of Army staff
and I was also promoted to be a senior officer
at lagos. I told you I
would tell you my location. Well, I’m presently
preparing for my
wedding now and Rose is here with me. Wish
us well. Thanks for time
and bye bye
***THE END***
PLEASE COMMENT IF YOU ENJOYED THE STORY

Post a Comment

0 Comments

What are you Looking for?